Tarangire National Park cover an area of 2,850sq km. The presence of a permanent source of water makes Tarangire especially good during the dry season (June-October, December-February) as a plent of wild animals migrate here. Tarangire is best known for its baobab trees, large number of big mammals including Leopard and other Carnivores.
How to get to Tarangire: Its about 2 hour (120km) drive from Arusha city in the northern direction.
What to do : Daytime game drive, walking safari, bird watching safari and balloon safari.
When to visit this Park : Years around except during the wet season (April-May) as the nature of soil and vegetation it becomes very difficult to enjoy the game drives.
Recommended Accommodation at Arusha National Park. This will depend with your budget
1. Inside the Park
- Tarangire Sopa Lodge : www.sopalodges.com
- Tarangire Safari Lodge : www.tarangiresafarilodge.com
- Tarangire Swala Camp : www.sanctuaryretreats.com
2. Outside the Park
- Sangaiwe Tented Lodge : www.sangaiwe.com
- Maramboi Tented Camp : www.tanganyikawildernesscamps.com
- Tarangire River Camp : www.mbalimbali.com
- Oliver Camp : www.asiliaafrica.com
- Tarangire Tree Tops : www.elewana.com